Google+ Followers

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

T is for Time for Yourself #WeAreStrongerThanMS

T is for time for yourself. WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY. This one is tough. My husband tells me all the time that I need to take "Lisa time". typical of the clueless, right? Does that time come before or after assuring dinner is prepared, clothes are washed, dishes are put away, groceries are purchased, bills are paid, appointments are made, son's school work is checked, hogs are fed and cows are milked? Okay, maybe that's a bit excessive, but you get the point. He is right, though. We all need time just for us. 

Since retiring from a wonderful thirty-three years in public education, I often find myself at a loss of what to do with all my free time. Well, if you know any school teachers, you can attest to their drive and need for a purpose and a plan. I always feel that if I am not doing something, my time is wasted. Guess what? Sometimes I have to actively search for that promised free time. It is my own fault, though. I am just not happy lounging around while the dust bunnies party. 

So, I write books. I read books. I bowl with my mother. I share knitting woes with my bestie. I go to church. I host a monthly MS meeting. I interact as much as he allows with my teenager. I don't have time for anything frivolous.

SCREECH

Hey, that IS all Lisa Time.

And I love every minute of it.

And I do NOT feel guilty.

Have a guilt free day,
Lisa
Post a Comment