Skip to main content

Last Day of MS Awareness Month


This is some exciting news! Great way to top off MS Awareness Month.
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2017/03/406296/new-multiple-sclerosis-drug-ocrelizumab-could-halt-
disease

When we really get low, it i encouraging to read someone else's MS story.
http://medlineplus.info/what-its-like-to-have-multiple-sclerosis/


Hats off to those Warriors who put themselves out there for radical procedures. Whether it be medical...
http://careofhealth.online/ms-brain-fog-lifted-after-stem-cell-treatment/

http://www.weknowit.site/multiple-sclerosis-cure-23-seriously-ill-patients-recover-after-breakthrough-stem-cell-treatment/

or physical...
http://nymedtimes.info/the-health-benefits-of-exercise-for-those-with-multiple-sclerosis/


or natural...
http://careofhealth.online/this-tea-heals-fibromyalgia-rheumatoid-arthritis-hashimotos-multiple-sclerosis-and-more/

or educational...
https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2017/03/24/three-top-tips-for-newly-diagnosed-multiple-sclerosis-patients/



I could sit here all day copy/pasting web sites that proclaim any kind of news you want to know about multiple sclerosis, but, hey folks, I really do have a life beyond what the MonSter dictates. (Shhhh, don't let that out. He will get cocky and try to ruin my weekend.) Yes, I could do that for you, but I know you want to do it for yourself. Right? Exert that independence. 

As you seek balance in your life with MS, I hope that my efforts this month have helped with providing you are more healthy attitude and encouraged you to adopt Common Sense as your new best bud.

Common Sense is as important as your physician's opinion in choosing an appropriate diet and  exercise regime. You know your body and its limitations better than anyone, so while you are pushing yourself maybe a little further every day (physically, mentally, emotionally), know the difference between true pain and the possibility of getting it done.

Stop trying to keep up with the Jones's and like yourself  for who you are. Because, guess what, you are so much better than those people. YOU are a Super Hero.

YOU are living life with an extra weight hanging on your shoulder, but, in the words of the great and powerful Wizard of Oz "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" (Thought you were going to get some astounding word of wisdom, didn't ya?)

The Wizard is kinda on spot, though. We will never be able to actually ignore the MonSter, but there are so many things we can do to set it aside. Make that hair appointment. Shop for comfortable jersey blends, and comfortable shoes. Make time for yourself: whether it be by reading, yoga, or spending some quiet time to regroup and focus on your day.

It is not necessary to involve yourself in the politics of multiple sclerosis, but seeing as how you are the ultimate expert on the disease, your word holds carries a big punch. Who better than you, a MS Warrior, to tell the world the truth about this horrible, horrible disease? Do not allow vanity to interfere with your right to be heard. As the congressional naysayers are nodding their head in agreement just to shut us up, we continue to live with the cost of MRI's and the treatment for recurring UTI's.

While we can do be pro-active by taking those all important vitamin D (Remember? I cheated here with the letter M?) supplement and consuming plenty of water, we need to not forget that we are no alone. You are in no way committed to interact with the folks in on-line support groups, but they are there. Waiting and willing to welcome (my alliteration for the day) you with open arms. No judgement.

By embracing the warmth of your friend and family, and opening yourself to the possible benefits of new experiences and alternative treatment, like  the essential oil frankincense, we are on the road to not allowing  MS to win. Remember that, by being pro-active, you are in the driver's seat and not falling asleep (zzzzzzzz) behind the wheel. You are actually in the driver's seat. Even on the most difficult of days, never let the MonSter see ya sweat. He likes having the advantage and cheating him of any pleasure is our goal.


Thirty-one days in March, thirty-one days to announce to world the need to be aware of multiple sclerosis. Today is the day. I have accomplished my goal of blogging every day this month and I am already missing this morning mission.

I know I do not have to stop and I will not...I am just going to take a couple of days to play with my website. Yes, I am taking the plunge and buying my own domain. Nothing will change for you, the reader, other than suffering throw a few formatting trials as I play with the layout of my site. Feel free to comment, make suggestions, or complain as this process unfolds, because I could use all the help I can get. Computer design stuff totally befuddles and often bores me, but this is my mission.

Although this is the last day for a chance to win a copy of I Have MS. What's Your Super Power?, the day is not done. You have plenty of time to follow this blog to win. (Actually, seeing as how tomorrow is that infamous April Fools Day, I will not announce a winner until Sunday. There re no jokes on Communion Sunday, right?) And there is always time to order a copy, postage free, from me. A portion of all sales will be donated to NMSS.

I have enjoyed sharing my MS alphabet with you and hope it has given you lots to think about. 

Love and Light,
Lisa

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MS Awareness Month: The Letter K

K is for keeping up with Jones's. 
Get rid of this philosophy RIGHT NOW. You are special. You are unique. You are a Warrior. You are a Super Star. MS does not define you. 

We have enough on our plates without worrying about without the rest of the coming and goings in our neighborhood, church, community, family. So what if Bubba got a new ski boat or Nibby Neighbor Nancy is planning - loudly - her spring cruise. I celebrate daily getting out of bed. No, I am not downplaying the excitement surrounding these happy moments in the lives of those folks we know. As MS Warriors, we sometimes need to remember that life hold more bonuses than money can buy.

This morning I am reminded that spring is on its way. Sure, I saw the news and I am well aware of the snow storm that promises to pelt our country in a few hours. I am ready. Milk in the fridge. Bread in the pantry. Flashlights battered up. But, behind that storm is spring and my favorite scent of all times: lilac. Don't ya just love t…

The N of MS.

N is for not allowing MS to win. This easy. Refer to A-M and O-Z.

As MS Warriors it is our job, our responsibility, and our mission to provide information, support, insight, and understanding to this ridiculous disease. 

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/wearestrongerthanms

#WeAreStrongerThanMS

When I say we need to provide information, I am not just talking about clinical research and statistics. If you are living with MS or are close to someone with the MonSter, you have more information than can be found on the internet. YOU are the expert. YOU are the prime resource for what's what in this crazy land of MS. You experience(s) is invaluable.

Supporting the fight against MS wears many hats. Sure, you can make a monetary donation, but that is not always feasible in this tight-budget minded world. I am definitely preaching to the choir here. As a retired school teacher, I am facing quite a few unplanned expenses. No, money is not the only way, or necessarily the best way to offer assist…

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa