Google+ Followers

Friday, February 17, 2017

The Old Drive-In

The Old Drive-In by [Reiss, Howard]AWESOME BOOK!!!

Today I am not writing about MS. Today I am handing you a gift.

I have reviewed books for Readers Favorite for years, just for fun; since my retirement this has become more serious than a past-time. I actually earn a few bucks for doing what I love most: READING and WRITING. It is the perfect job for me.

Yesterday I read a novel that I cannot get out of my mind. Never having heard of the author before, my curiosity turned to infatuation. Howard Reiss is my new favorite author. Of course, I tend to gush bout the last book I read until another good one comes along; but I am totally serious. Reiss is an awesome story teller and I cannot wait to get my hands on his other work.




Reviewed by Lisa A. McCombs for Readers Favorite
Mitch and Sandi had the perfect life: gorgeous city apartment, two pretty children, a lucrative income, and the world by the tail. And then…Mitch’s law firm went belly up…and his father died. As Mitch reflects on his life, he realizes that neither of these disasters really matter. He returns to his childhood home in order to complete the process of closing that door forever when he is hit with a solid round of reality. With the unsolicited help of a hitch hiker named Sam and his mother’s best and Merri, his mother’s best and only friend, Mitch comes to terms with the facts that he really doesn’t like practicing law, his hated father might have had sincere feelings for him, and his first love was truly his one and only. Mitch sorts through the clutter of his childhood in an attempt to exorcise the past, while discovering his true destiny.

Howard Reiss unearths a genuinely beautiful story in The Old Drive-In. A truly nostalgic reflection on what could have/should have been that we all question some time in life. Reiss’s dialogue flows with sincere reality making his characters very relatable. Many times while reading I had to look over my shoulder to assure myself that they were not in the room with me. The underlying themes of apparent in The Old Drive-In range from adult coming of age and self-discovery to a truly timeless romance. This reviewer plans to adorn her bookshelves with other wonderful stories by Howard Reiss.  I wish I could give Mr. Reiss more than five stars!

Howard R Reiss
Post a Comment