Skip to main content

What do you do for the cause?



Act Now For MS

Dear MS Activist,
The West Virginia legislative session begins on January 11. You are needed to move our legislative priorities forward! We will be asking legislators to reduce barriers to accessing medical treatments and make accessible home modifications more affordable.
Please join us February 6-7, 2017 for the National MS Society’s West Virginia State Action Day.
Schedule:
Monday, February 6
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm:  Legislative Training and Dinner, Hampton Inn Charleston-Downtown
Tuesday, February 7
8 am – 3 pm: West Virginia State Action Day, State Capitol
Please note on the registration page if you will need a hotel room, we have a small room block at the Hampton Inn Charleston-Downtown. Once registered, participants will receive a detailed agenda and information about acquiring accommodations.
If you would like more information about the West Virginia State Action Day and our advocacy efforts, please contact me at ashley.kenneth@nmss.org or 804-591-3048.
To register, please visit:
I hope to see you soon and wish you a very happy new year!
Sincerely,
Ashley Kenneth
Senior Manager, Southeast Advocacy
National MS Society



My goal for this month is to share alternative MS treatments, while learning from others of ways to tolerate this MonSter. 

Tomorrow, January 5, the Marion County MS Self-Help Group meets for the first time in this new year and I will share the highlighted state event mentioned above. I really believe that one way to deal with this disease is to educate ourselves about the infrastructure of our condition. Yes, infrastructure. 

You read it right. 

Sounds like a business, doesn't it?

That's because the business of multiple sclerosis is a real thing. If we do not address the politics of MS, we are not participating in the fight. That doesn't mean that each and every one of us need rush to the state capital in protest. But we all need a spokesperson, do't we? There are too many occasions in which individuals who really do not know our situation speak for us.

I think I just talked myself into attending this event...

Join me?

What are you going to do for the cause?

Lisa
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MS Awareness Month: The Letter K

K is for keeping up with Jones's. 
Get rid of this philosophy RIGHT NOW. You are special. You are unique. You are a Warrior. You are a Super Star. MS does not define you. 

We have enough on our plates without worrying about without the rest of the coming and goings in our neighborhood, church, community, family. So what if Bubba got a new ski boat or Nibby Neighbor Nancy is planning - loudly - her spring cruise. I celebrate daily getting out of bed. No, I am not downplaying the excitement surrounding these happy moments in the lives of those folks we know. As MS Warriors, we sometimes need to remember that life hold more bonuses than money can buy.

This morning I am reminded that spring is on its way. Sure, I saw the news and I am well aware of the snow storm that promises to pelt our country in a few hours. I am ready. Milk in the fridge. Bread in the pantry. Flashlights battered up. But, behind that storm is spring and my favorite scent of all times: lilac. Don't ya just love t…

The N of MS.

N is for not allowing MS to win. This easy. Refer to A-M and O-Z.

As MS Warriors it is our job, our responsibility, and our mission to provide information, support, insight, and understanding to this ridiculous disease. 

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/wearestrongerthanms

#WeAreStrongerThanMS

When I say we need to provide information, I am not just talking about clinical research and statistics. If you are living with MS or are close to someone with the MonSter, you have more information than can be found on the internet. YOU are the expert. YOU are the prime resource for what's what in this crazy land of MS. You experience(s) is invaluable.

Supporting the fight against MS wears many hats. Sure, you can make a monetary donation, but that is not always feasible in this tight-budget minded world. I am definitely preaching to the choir here. As a retired school teacher, I am facing quite a few unplanned expenses. No, money is not the only way, or necessarily the best way to offer assist…

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa