Google+ Followers

Friday, January 20, 2017

Praying for Peace in DC

I tweeted earlier this morning regarding my disdain for the rash of protests surrounding today's presidential inauguration. As I grow older, I find myself more in the mindset of a peaceful existence; thus, forcefully blinded by the unrest in our nation. I, actually, did not approve of either candidate and was forced, as much of the country, to select what I felt was the lesser of two evils. At this point in time, it is what it is and no amount of protesting is going to change the outcome of election decision 2016. Alterations may occur, but America has made the ultimate decision and today's festivities are proceeding in full swing.

I plan to take some homemade tomatoes soup and my knitting to my parent's house to view the televised activities in DC. Not because I am cheering on Trump and not because I want to see him fall. This is an historical day and my pride of being an American is my motivation.

Okay...I'm stepping down from my soap box. Enjoy the day and have a terrific weekend.
Lisa
Post a Comment