Skip to main content

Unplanned MS Rambling






Because summer is nearing its end, I find it time to"autumn up" my blog. Hope you don't mind. 
In fact, I have worked for days in an attempt to update my entire platform. Ha! Guess I'll stay with writing, because my website design skills totally suck. I realized this morning that the e-mail address at the top of my home page is one that I really do not want to use any longer and, in fact, have repeatedly asked folks to discard and replace with LisaAnnetteMcCombs@yahoo.com. Anyone have any advice on this matter?

I had my throwback Thursday post all planned in my mind until...

I realize that I should consider myself an expert on living with my MS, but this morning has me all turned around.

Never having experienced vertigo (I don't think), but understanding the mechanics of the condition I initially assigned that label to what my body is doing today. With one slight exception.

Every time I move my head, I feel electrical explosions running up and down my spine and blossoming in a location right above my left eye. I've felt these tiny little electrical (that is exactly what if feels like) sensations before, but not with quite the enthusiasm of today. I'm actually a bit sick to my stomach...as if I have motion sickness. It's weird.

I have to wonder if this is a result of the forming of a new lesion. I mean, if I was as arrogant as a brain lesion, this is probably what I would do to announce my arrival. MS related lesions are all about themselves, right?

Unfortunately my research does not answer my inquiry, so I must depend upon fellow warriors to share their thoughts. I'll let you know when I hear from them.

In the meanwhile, my chore list is on the back burner. Not feeling super confident in performing a few simple household task and am not happy at the prospect of couching it today.

So, I'll make another attempt at my website/blog design renovation. 

******************************************************

Nope, that didn't work. The stress of not being as intelligent as my computer is too much. Don't tell me to drag and drop when what you really mean is cleaning the litter box is a better option. Unfortunately litter box cleaning requires bending over and I do NOT feel like landing face first in my kitties' muck today.

I DO want to share some news on the "up" side. World Renown chef Trevis L Gleason has been entertaining the heck out of me this week. His book Chef Interrupted is a delightful story, not about food, but about his own journey with Multiple Sclerosis.


Diagnosed in 2001, the same year as my own dx, Trevis shares his heart wrenching transition from a successful career in culinary arts to part-time Irish resident. Only half-way into the book, I already want to adopt a dog, move to Ireland, drive on the wrong side of the road, and drink creamy pints in the neighborhood pub. Check it out if your tastes run toward MS realism. Good stuff.

I seem to be working with themes these days, because last evening I also watched a wonderful movie about a young Irish lass who came to America in search of work and a better life. Brooklyn is an awesome little tale for those of us fascinated with the Irish brogue.

My next MS-related read will be MS Madness by Yvonne deSousa. 




I'm hoping the book is as entertaining as the book cover. I really like Yvonne's blog: www.yvonnedesousa.com.

Well, I've gone on far too long and I really do need to feel useful, even if just to myself.

Have a good one,
Lisa



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the MS broom

Do you ever feel like the ultimate witchy woman? That is actually a rhetorical question because I know you do. We all do whether we mean it or not. And guess what? We have a right to feel that way. Our brand of broom is a touch one to ride. That is why I truly believe that our supreme master, who ever/whatever that may be, doesn't throw us more than we can catch.

MSers (I read recently that this is an inappropriate way in which to refer to individuals with multiple sclerosis. The source of this judgement obliviously does not live with the disease. MS Warriors are far less offended by such a label than that.) are strong individuals who thrive on finding a purpose, a solution, a balance.

We are dependent on our co-pilot Common Sense. Care Givers are a beautiful addition to our lives, but many MSers (I did it again!) are not fortunate to have someone to clean our broom and dust off the daily spider webs that clutter the  cognitive mess of our brains. I learned that long before MS becam…

Yoga Burn gives new incentive to my morning routine.

I am not one much for online shopping indulgences, but a couple of weeks ago I allowed myself the rare treat of purchasing the Yoga Burn program advertised on Face Book. This morning I completed week one of the monthly scheduled routine and I even took time to meditate under the guidance of Yoga instructor Zoe Bray Cotton.

Laugh if you must, but I really, really, enjoyed the meditation exercise. I realize this is a solitary activity and I will never practice this in front of husband and/or son. 

I felt wonderful afterword, though. So at peace and relaxed. I always knew I was a Zen Goddess at heart.

What I really love about this program is that it "is a comprehensive online yoga course directed toward women only."  The older I get, the more I appreciate anything to do with "for women only". Weird, huh?

Zoe' voice is so very soft and inviting. As she leads me through my morning poses, I really feel as though she is my new morning bestie. Of course, I have only comple…

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa