Google+ Followers

Friday, March 4, 2016

I got AMPYRA for my birthday!

Today is my birthday.
Today is  Friday.
It's Day 4 of Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month.

On my agenda:
I'm joining my mother this morning for a mani-pedi.

Birthday celebration will take place later with Muriale's (if you have never dined at Muriale's in Fairmont, WV, you need to put that on your bucket list https://www.facebook.com/Muriales-Italian-Kitchen-101688838513/?rc...) hoagies and carrot cake.

I am beginning my new drug therapy today.


Yesterday I received my free trial of Ampyra in the mail, just in time for my birthday. So, I'm giving myself a present (I hope). In 33 minutes (because I need an exact time schedule for consuming the pill), I will take the first of two daily doses of Ampyra. I have already completed the first of three surveys to track my progress and ACORDA Therapeutics has promised me a backpack for my time. So far it's a win-win situation.

According to the safety information included in my Ampyra packet, the following cautions were included:
"The most common adverse events for AMPYRA in MS patients were urinary tract infection (oh, boy), trouble sleeping (Since, I cannot seem to stay awake lately, this is okay with me.) , dizziness , headache, nausea, weakness, back pain, problems with balance, multiple sclerosis relapse, burning, tingling, or itching of your skin, irritation in your nose and throat, constipation, indigestion, and pain in your throat."

Most of these symptoms I already suffer on a daily basis, so I am not certain how I will know if and when any of them are a result of the drug.

The biggest side -effect is seizure activity. Even if you have never suffered a seizure of any kind, this could happen. This is not sitting well on my mind, but I am putting this in God's hands and will give it a try.

It's almost drug time, so this is short today.

Just do not forget that March is MS Awareness Month and that I am donating a portion of my book sale proceeds to MS until the end of the month.


Abby, $15.00
I Have MS. What' Your super Power? $12.00
Bundle them and save! Both books $25.00

Lisa
E-mail me to arrange shipping and/or delivery (cost is on me).
LisaAnnetteMcCombs@yahoo.com
Post a Comment