Skip to main content

I Am Empty

On Monday, I wrote about purpose. My philosophy is that everyone needs a purpose and more importantly, to feel purposeful.

At 6:45 AM I was sitting in front of my computer as I always am; but there were no words to share with you. 

I was empty.


Since beginning this 31 blogs in 31 days of MS Awareness, my fondness for the project has grown. I think about what I w3qnt to say all the time. I go to bed each night with fresh and exciting ideas floating around in my head, often making sleep come slowly as I construct and reconstruct sentences for the morning's post.

Last night I could not think of a thing I was ready to share.

I was empty.

Even now, after staring at my keyboard for an hour, reading the newspaper, watching some morning news, eating breakfast, and getting dressed for the day, I have nothing of interest to share with you.

I am empty.

My apologies.

I am normally not a depressed or depressing person, but today I just do not feel the positive light that normally propels me into  action. I kinda feel like my life hasn't been worth a whole lot of anything. I have made quite a few horrible decisions in my life and I am experiencing the repercussions. I didn't plan well for my future and my family is suffering for my lack of insight.

I can usually pull myself up by the boot strings and put things into perspective, but today I think I just need to wallow a bit.

I am empty.

Maybe tomorrow there will be words.

Sorry,
Lisa






Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MS Awareness Month: The Letter K

K is for keeping up with Jones's. 
Get rid of this philosophy RIGHT NOW. You are special. You are unique. You are a Warrior. You are a Super Star. MS does not define you. 

We have enough on our plates without worrying about without the rest of the coming and goings in our neighborhood, church, community, family. So what if Bubba got a new ski boat or Nibby Neighbor Nancy is planning - loudly - her spring cruise. I celebrate daily getting out of bed. No, I am not downplaying the excitement surrounding these happy moments in the lives of those folks we know. As MS Warriors, we sometimes need to remember that life hold more bonuses than money can buy.

This morning I am reminded that spring is on its way. Sure, I saw the news and I am well aware of the snow storm that promises to pelt our country in a few hours. I am ready. Milk in the fridge. Bread in the pantry. Flashlights battered up. But, behind that storm is spring and my favorite scent of all times: lilac. Don't ya just love t…

The N of MS.

N is for not allowing MS to win. This easy. Refer to A-M and O-Z.

As MS Warriors it is our job, our responsibility, and our mission to provide information, support, insight, and understanding to this ridiculous disease. 

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/wearestrongerthanms

#WeAreStrongerThanMS

When I say we need to provide information, I am not just talking about clinical research and statistics. If you are living with MS or are close to someone with the MonSter, you have more information than can be found on the internet. YOU are the expert. YOU are the prime resource for what's what in this crazy land of MS. You experience(s) is invaluable.

Supporting the fight against MS wears many hats. Sure, you can make a monetary donation, but that is not always feasible in this tight-budget minded world. I am definitely preaching to the choir here. As a retired school teacher, I am facing quite a few unplanned expenses. No, money is not the only way, or necessarily the best way to offer assist…

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa