Google+ Followers

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Today is all about me.

TODAY IS ALL ABOUT ME

Today is all about me. It is Sunday. I have been to church and am ready to snuggle down to an after noon of  mindless of Lifetime Movie watching and knitting. That is, after I prepare a little Sunday dinner for my guys and wash the mysterious mountain of dirty dishes in my sink. but that won't take  long and I will get to the purpose of a Sunday afternoon.
Yep, today is all about me.
But yesterday was all about reconnecting with old pals and meeting new, awesome writing friends. The Kingwood Public Library hosted a wonderful after morning of sharing and writing comradeship. Meant to be a community event for the good folks of Kingwood, I think this really turned into a celebration of those WV authors who attended the event. We did get to interact with the public, but that was secondary to the prosperous learning experience these authors provided for one another. The treats were delicious and the tea comforting. The professional knowledge shared was priceless. 
I am so grateful to belong to such a giving, sharing family of writers.
I learned from S.J. not to get too close to the photography subject while on the job, especially if that subject is a bear...or an alligator.
My new friend Danielle is my new IT gal. She is a walking wealth of trade technology information; as well as an area zombie hermit crab expert.
Trinny, Theodore, and Renee reinforced in me a love for poetry and an appreciation of finely tuned words of verse. Theodore wowed us with his innovative use of  decorative tins. Renee delighted us with her sugar plumbs and Trinny got a giggle or two from us  compliments of Mag and Mae.
Laura brought copies of  The Silver Tattoo and I had the chance to again tell her that I had reviewed her story "somewhere". I WILL acquire a copy of Patricia's novel next week. I will also find Jennifer's Kindle published books since I am smitten with her ghost story affection.
Diana share some personal words from her first book.. And Georgeann didn't read to us, but she is responsible for making this event possible.
My head spins with the gargantuan amount of knowledge that occupied that cozy library yesterday.
I want to take a little bit of everybody there and combine all those  talents. Talk about s show stopper!

The more I think about my new friends, the more humbled I become. And the more I realize how insignificant Lifetime movies and my beginner's knitting project are. 
Today might be all about me, but yesterday is going to direct my tomorrow. Thank you, Kingwood Library for bringing us together and for ample "food" for thought.


And now, I had better get busy on those dinner preparations, so I can spend the rest of my day perfecting my writing.
Post a Comment