Google+ Followers

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A BARNES AND NOBLE KIND OF DAY




Ii have been looking forward to this day for weeks. I will be at Barnes and Noble in Morgantown, WV, 1-4, with my first nonfiction book. If the review below doesn't excite you, go to Amazon and read more humbling words my readers have offered. 

When I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2001, my world came to a grinding halt. Was I going to die? Would my baby son be raised without a mommy? Would my friends and family still love me in the presence of such an ugly disease? 
In the words of someone somewhere,  "we gotta do what we gotta do". There is no time in this one- shot life for self-doubt and pity parties. 

Hopefully I Have MS. What's Your super Power? will make you laugh, possibly bring a tear, but ultimately enlighten you on the mysteries of multiple sclerosis and the every day limitations of this disease. 
You do not have to have this disease to enjoy the read. But, if you know someone who has or know someone who knows someone who has this condition, consider grabbing a copy. It's small; it's short; it's packed with information. (And my illustrator did a heck of job with the cover art! Kudos to Ashley Teets!)


I Have MS. What's Your Super Power? by Lisa A. McCombs
Life-changing events bring out a super power that each of us needs to survive. Many look to their faith, families, friends, and each of them--in their own way--provide a strength that bonds into a shield of protection that allows surviving the unthinkable. This amazing story shows how absolutely tough those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis have to be. Multiple Sclerosis is an insidious disease that affects 200,000 to 3 million people per year around the world. Lisa McCombs writes her personal experience with "no holds barred" to help others and their families cope with MS. Touching, heart wrenching, and yes, even humorous at times, this is a book you won't easily forget, and you will see Lisa's super power shining through
Post a Comment