Skip to main content

Tecfidera - Day 5

I was a little worried this morning when I realized that I had slept until nearly 9:30 because my drug routine scheduled me to take my Tec at 8:00; but I swallowed a baby aspirin and prepared breakfast for my son and husband to give the aspirin a head start. After a bowl of Rice Chex and a cup of coffee I took dose 9 and I have suffered so side effects today. It's been a busy day and I am happy with my little accomplishments. I thoroughly cleaned my laundry room and shampooed the rug where the litter box is located. My cat's "space" is clean again. I hope she appreciates it.

When I was younger I used to take on cleaning projects with a vengeance, scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming, shining, tossing old stuff...I have discovered with a few years o me and the inconvenience of MS that I am much more productive taking my tasks in small measure with little rests in between. So, after the basement cleaning, I picked up a borrowed library book and allowed Joy Fielding to suck me into one of her superbly written mysteries. I am actually surprised that I puti t down long enough to warm up some left overs for a light lunch.

My second planned project for the day was to tidy my desk area in preparation of the arrival of my new desk top computer. It should be here tomorrow and I am very excited to welcome this Christmas present to myself. I got a great deal on a refurbished Dell and have BIG writing plans for it.

After being on winter break since December 23, I realize that my tentative plan to retire at the end of the school year is actually a good idea. I love being home to pursue my writing passion.

I have an affection for routine, but last night I actually stayed up reading until 1AM. That's not like me and I do not plan to make it a habit, but I have to admit that I kinda like breaking the early to bed early to rise rule that school teachers adhere to. No matter how adequately we mature in life, there is still a bit of that rebellious child lurking, isn't there?

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MS Awareness Month: The Letter K

K is for keeping up with Jones's. 
Get rid of this philosophy RIGHT NOW. You are special. You are unique. You are a Warrior. You are a Super Star. MS does not define you. 

We have enough on our plates without worrying about without the rest of the coming and goings in our neighborhood, church, community, family. So what if Bubba got a new ski boat or Nibby Neighbor Nancy is planning - loudly - her spring cruise. I celebrate daily getting out of bed. No, I am not downplaying the excitement surrounding these happy moments in the lives of those folks we know. As MS Warriors, we sometimes need to remember that life hold more bonuses than money can buy.

This morning I am reminded that spring is on its way. Sure, I saw the news and I am well aware of the snow storm that promises to pelt our country in a few hours. I am ready. Milk in the fridge. Bread in the pantry. Flashlights battered up. But, behind that storm is spring and my favorite scent of all times: lilac. Don't ya just love t…

The N of MS.

N is for not allowing MS to win. This easy. Refer to A-M and O-Z.

As MS Warriors it is our job, our responsibility, and our mission to provide information, support, insight, and understanding to this ridiculous disease. 

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/wearestrongerthanms

#WeAreStrongerThanMS

When I say we need to provide information, I am not just talking about clinical research and statistics. If you are living with MS or are close to someone with the MonSter, you have more information than can be found on the internet. YOU are the expert. YOU are the prime resource for what's what in this crazy land of MS. You experience(s) is invaluable.

Supporting the fight against MS wears many hats. Sure, you can make a monetary donation, but that is not always feasible in this tight-budget minded world. I am definitely preaching to the choir here. As a retired school teacher, I am facing quite a few unplanned expenses. No, money is not the only way, or necessarily the best way to offer assist…

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa