Google+ Followers

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

There are so many reasons why MS sucks, and I could go on forever beging negative; but that's just not my thing. Negativity can do more harm than good in the events of life. If we constantly think that the world is out to  get us, then there is no convincing our pre-programmed mind that this is the truth.

A dear, dear lady with whom I have had the opportunity to become  reacquainted, saddens me with every conversation. She is miserable in her job. She cannot stand her boss. None of her co-workers talk to her anymore; presumably because they have gone "to the other side".  She is so loaded down with all fo this negativity that there is  no bright side for her any longer.

She has a lovely family and is married to her high school sweetheart. Her life is filled with blessings.

I do not understand her discontent; and if her professional life is so miserable, she needs to make adjustments. She can suck it in and make the best of it, even if it requires some creative acting. She can confront her boss and have a serious conversation concerning their relationship. She can find another job. She can make an effort to become more involved with her co-workers. Nothing is impossible here; and if her proclamation of faith is any indication, she believes that God will provide.

My blogging goal this week is to vent and to release as much negative energy as I can regarding multiple sclerosis and the many reasons why "it sucks".  Spring is upon us and, after the long winter we have had, I want to be void of the grey skies so that I can embrace the sunshine. I refuse to allow something as minute as a job (I mean, really!) drag me into the depths of despair. It's just not worth it. Life is full of celebrations, if we just look for them.

A life with MS demands that we are open to anything woth celebrating, no matter how small or how large.

Lately I am celebrating any day that I do not fall, especially in public. Two days ago my face met my classroom floor when I lost my balance crossing the room; and , yep, twenty eighth graders witnessed my humiliation. I had to celebrate the fact that the fall did not result in blood shed or a loss of bladder control. I have a bruised knee and a "touchy" wrist, but life is good in the long run.

Yesterday I remained on my feet and I plan to keep that upright stance all day today...I hope.

So, yes, life stinks sometimes; but at least I am upright today....for now.

Post a Comment