Google+ Followers

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Just too depressed for words!.

MS Apparel ON SALE!
mywalkgear.com
Get this MS Awareness shirt ON SALE today! This March, think orange for MS. Limited offer!
35,735 people like this.
 
I really wanted to post earlier, but I just could not fight through my tears long enough to put anything down on paper.
 
A dear friend, wheelchair bound, missed an important day in her son's life yesterday. He was inducted into the National Honor Society at his school. This is a big honor and one that looks great on a college application. Her pride in him stole my heart; even more so becuase she was unable to attend the ceremony in order to witness her baby receive this award. MS took this aware from her. I certainly hope that he knows how much his mother wanted to be there.
 
I also hope this week of negativity ends soon. I reallyh believed a week devoted to venting about the suckiness of MS would be therapeutic. Instead, it has just brought me down. It has helped me not to feel sorry for myself, though.
 
I have looked at my disease differently this week. I have noticed the many times that my own son has come to my rescue and has verbalized his concern that I am doing okay. He has gone out of his way to help me carry things to and from the car. He has reminded me to take a few minutes to rest while he has also urged me to spend some time exercising.
 
My love for him is so great that I just shudder when I imagine not being "there" for him. If I was forced to sit at home while he receives an honor, any honor, I would be crushed. I can only imagine the disappointment my friend suffered this week. But, I am also grateful for the existence of our sons.
 
Yes, MS stinks; but we do not have to bow down to its ugliness.
Just sayin'.
Post a Comment