Google+ Followers

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My MS, My Progress

This morning I celebrated a major milestone in my summer Fight Against MS. Hold on to your hats, it's a BIG one!
I walked from my home to the school of my employ and back without "dropping" my foot until I reached my backyard. That's about a half mile journey, across a major bridge and up a steep set of hillside steps. In my youth, pre-MS, I would have accomplished this feat in minutes, running part of the way. Today, it took me nearly 20 minutes and I relied upon my walking stick for the majority of the trip. None of that matters. What matters is that I DID it! And then, after a short rest, I actually rode my trike (two-wheeled vehicles still daunt me) down the street and back.
Go ahead, laugh at what may seem minute accomplishments, but this girl is psyched.
Post a Comment