Google+ Followers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break Hell

Sooooo.... I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with my favorite hardware store to bash this morning trying to find a standard sized sink that really will fit in the standard sized hole in my almost installed counter top, only to learn that the damaged sink I exchanged yesterday for a standard sized replacement that did NOT fit in the standard sized hole in my almost installed counter top. After procuring a nice price reduction in the damaged sink I prepared to return to the store but then was told that the damaged sink had been destroyed that morning since it was damaged.
REALLY?
No. I believe that the damaged sink was taken home by someone else for a discounted price. But, I am not going to impose my conspiracy theory mindset on innocent store employees.
Instead, I traveled to the store to be told that they had nothing to address my situation. The computer system was not working and locating a new sink was going to be a challenge. Hello! Why do we need a computer system to locate an item that could easily be found by visiting the storage room? But, I won't get on my technology soapbox.
 I am just worn out on the whole kitchen remake. I know that it will all work out eventually and I truly am grateful for the little quirks like the amazingly discounted sink that was finally located in PA. It won't be delivered until mid-week, but a visit to the local thrift shop helped me stock up on paper/plastic eating utensils until I can wash dishes again.
This has become a ramble fest and all about the negative aspects of my day.
Looking at the bright side: Operation Pandora's Box is now available on Amazon and will be Kindle ready in a few hours.
I cannot believe that I have authored and published THREE books. That's awesome with or without a kitchen sink.
Post a Comment