Skip to main content
So...I received a box of Opening Pandora's Box today, opened it, and am now afraid to look at a copy. After all the editing, the proofing, the repairing; all that time that James poured into the revisions over the summer; my procrastination to get it out there; what if after all that I find a glaring mistake right on the first page? I am not sure I can tolerate it.

So...instead, I look at it across the room and  am happy with the stark white cover that really epitomizes the theme of the story. I am glad that I at the last minute decided to minimize the decor of my original cover. Since this is  the story of a young person climbing out of the very pits of depression, I can think of no better design than this blankness to reflect the numbness that surrounded her.

So...the cover is good. In fact, the cover is genius.

My last reading of the manuscript brought me to tears. I really like the story. I am sorry to no longer have Abby in my every waking thoughts and she will always be my favorite original character, but I am happy I can put her to rest in a happy place now.

So...what do I do now?

Check out my YA trilogy at Amazon.com.
Abby, Raspberry Beret, and Opening  Pandora's Box are all available in hard copy as well as Kindle.

Wow and Viola ! I wrote a trilogy!!!!!!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the MS broom

Do you ever feel like the ultimate witchy woman? That is actually a rhetorical question because I know you do. We all do whether we mean it or not. And guess what? We have a right to feel that way. Our brand of broom is a touch one to ride. That is why I truly believe that our supreme master, who ever/whatever that may be, doesn't throw us more than we can catch.

MSers (I read recently that this is an inappropriate way in which to refer to individuals with multiple sclerosis. The source of this judgement obliviously does not live with the disease. MS Warriors are far less offended by such a label than that.) are strong individuals who thrive on finding a purpose, a solution, a balance.

We are dependent on our co-pilot Common Sense. Care Givers are a beautiful addition to our lives, but many MSers (I did it again!) are not fortunate to have someone to clean our broom and dust off the daily spider webs that clutter the  cognitive mess of our brains. I learned that long before MS becam…

Yoga Burn gives new incentive to my morning routine.

I am not one much for online shopping indulgences, but a couple of weeks ago I allowed myself the rare treat of purchasing the Yoga Burn program advertised on Face Book. This morning I completed week one of the monthly scheduled routine and I even took time to meditate under the guidance of Yoga instructor Zoe Bray Cotton.

Laugh if you must, but I really, really, enjoyed the meditation exercise. I realize this is a solitary activity and I will never practice this in front of husband and/or son. 

I felt wonderful afterword, though. So at peace and relaxed. I always knew I was a Zen Goddess at heart.

What I really love about this program is that it "is a comprehensive online yoga course directed toward women only."  The older I get, the more I appreciate anything to do with "for women only". Weird, huh?

Zoe' voice is so very soft and inviting. As she leads me through my morning poses, I really feel as though she is my new morning bestie. Of course, I have only comple…

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa