Google+ Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fog Delay

That's right folk...Marion County Schools is on a two hour delay due to intense FOG. In my thirty years of teaching, I do not recall school closing because of fog. No, I am not complaining (other than the fact that I was totally dressed and "made up" by 6:30); I just find it rather comical that it is January 10 and the temperature is more like spring than winter (Where's the snow?!) and while my child hood anticipation of a Snow Day (C'mon, Snowbird!) is still active, I never would have dreamed of a Fog Day.
Hey, I'll take it any way I can get it. I just hate to begin a new semester on such an event. I like new beginnings and am a firm believer that their outcome is a result of their foundation. I hope this shaky foundation isn't representative of second semester's outcome.
So...on the Today Show this early morn, reports of a dangerous flu outbreak is spreading across our country. Guess I'd better get that flu shot...
Post a Comment