Google+ Followers

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Exciting stuff....exciting year

     I am once again blown away by my current eighth graders and their voracious appetite for writing (and reading!). We started working on WV Promising Young WritersWVDE yesterday and they are SO excited, which makes me equally pumped. After talking about effective "grabbers" and doing a writing sprint on one of seven fictional narrative writing prompts, I know as a certainty that only good things are going to happen in room 208 today. The most memorable "grabber" from yesterday is "It's not safe here anymore". I mean, how does that NOT grab your attention. Good job, G. Baker! I cannot wait to see what is in store for us today.
     On a more personal note: I will be at Barnes and Noble in Morgantown on Saturday, January 19, at 1:00, signing copies of Abby and Raspberry Beret. Since that week is Educator's Week I hope to see many fellow educators/YA readers. I cannot wait to release the third and final installment in my trilogy, but I have set a goal for myself to share my first two novels with as many folks as possible before embarking on a thrid publication process. (Yes, folks, I need to replenish the Lisa Dream Fund before spending more nonexistent money:). So, help me reach my sales goal so I can let you know "happens next".
     Have a good one!

Post a Comment