Skip to main content

This Job Cuts into My Day

I really, really, really love teaching, but I sure could use a couple of days of nothing but writing!!!!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Writer's Euphoric Journey

It is November and that means National Novel Writing Month. I participate every year. As always, I am behind on my writing goal for the month: WRITE 50,000 WORDS  IN 30 DAYS. 

With only two days to go, I still need 10,000 to finish. 

So...I will see you here again on Wednesday or at the end of my journey of 50,000 words. Until then, breathe.

Lisa


How are you Feeling?

Yes, I realize tht I am guilty hof plagiarism. I am, after all, a retired English teacher. Plagiarism is a BIG thing in my circle. 
But, this issue requires something more than an opportunity hto cick on a link. Not that I have anyting against "links." They are very helpful; but I also am a strong believer in saving time. Thus, my crime of plagiarism.
Your comments (on the aricle, not my crime) are apopreciated.
The Question “How are you feeling?” And The Mixed Feelings It Can Cause Devin Garlit- If there is one question that those with a chronic illness like multiple sclerosis hear a lot, it’s “How are you feeling?” or some variation of it. It may seem like something so simple, so common, but it’s something that stirs up mixed emotions for someone like me. At times, it can be an extremely positive measure, that I’m very thankful for. However, other times, it can leave me feeling a little down depending on the circumstances. Regardless of how it makes you feel, it’s a question y…

Riding the MS broom

Do you ever feel like the ultimate witchy woman? That is actually a rhetorical question because I know you do. We all do whether we mean it or not. And guess what? We have a right to feel that way. Our brand of broom is a touch one to ride. That is why I truly believe that our supreme master, who ever/whatever that may be, doesn't throw us more than we can catch.

MSers (I read recently that this is an inappropriate way in which to refer to individuals with multiple sclerosis. The source of this judgement obliviously does not live with the disease. MS Warriors are far less offended by such a label than that.) are strong individuals who thrive on finding a purpose, a solution, a balance.

We are dependent on our co-pilot Common Sense. Care Givers are a beautiful addition to our lives, but many MSers (I did it again!) are not fortunate to have someone to clean our broom and dust off the daily spider webs that clutter the  cognitive mess of our brains. I learned that long before MS becam…